Saturday 30 December 2017

Teenaben Ravan in her new home with the help of VSSM

Teenaben Ravan's picture with Mittal Patel in Deesa
“Ben, can you please come inside my home for a moment, I want a picture with you”
“What will you do with the picture?”
“Why’d you ask that? I want to frame it and hang it in my home”
Teenaben Ravan was able to get a house in Deesa under Rajiv Gandhi Away Yojna. With the help of Pravinbhai Maadi and Nagarpalika, Teenaben had to pay the Rs 10, 000/- , which she borrowed through the interest free loans that VSSM gives to NT/DNT communities.
“Ben, Did you like how I have decorated my home? “
“Yes, very much. May god bless you “

Mahesh (VSSM worker) clicked the picture and Teenaben told Mahesh to make a copy of it and give it to her the earliest. Today, Mahesh calls me with a request to send the picture clicked with Teenaben. He informed me that Teenaben has been calling him several times a day and  now, he is hesitant to even go to the locality that Teenaben lives , with the fear that she will catch him and ask for the copy of the picture.

Unlike Mahesh, I only had laughter in my part. Everyone has pictures of their family members in their house and to get a place in that is truly humbling.

I would like to thank the donors who make it possible for me to help people like Teenaben and make it possible for me to have a place in the hearts and homes of people like Teenaben 

No comments:

Post a Comment